Noel and Patricia Schwarz established Schwarz Excavations in 1986 in Gracemere, Central Queensland. Schwarz Excavations started with one mini excavator and one truck offering contract excavation work for local builders and plumbers.
After 5 years, Schwarz Excavations steadily expanded adding more machinery to their fleet consisting of mainly excavators, trucks and bobcats.
In 1991 Schwarz Excavations began their business relationship with Queensland Rail providing rail maintenance services. 2006 saw their son Jeffrey Schwarz became a director of the company as the rail maintenance demand increased.
As the world demand for coal increased and vast amounts of Coal was being transported along the Central Queensland rail network; Schwarz Excavations grew rapidly from 5 employees to 70 employees in the space of 10 years.
With this demand and expansion Noel, Patricia and Jeffrey identified a market to potentially grow their business, as the way the rail track was being maintained wasn’t profitable. They instigated, help develop and purchase the first of 5 Hi-Rail Excavators (undercutter) that revolutionised their business.
Today after 30 years in business, Schwarz Excavations have become a respected, rail maintenance, civil construction and bulk/heavy haulage contracting company within Central Queensland and is the pioneering leader of Australian rail line maintenance.
Schwarz Excavations management teams are highly experience and passionate about their role responsibility within the company. The experienced and passionate on the field managers and team leaders ensure maximum productivity is achieved with the highest level of safety.
Managing Director (1986 - 2016)
Director (1986 - 2016)
Director (2006 - 2016)
Safety Advisor (2013 - 2016)
Undercutter Supervisor (2008 - 2016)
Undercutter Supervisor (2014 - 2016)
Undercutter Leading Hand (2013 - 2016)
Operations Supervisor (2003 - 2016)
Operations Supervisor (2014 - 2016)
Rail Supervisor (2013 - 2016)
Rail Leading Hand (2013 - 2016)
Equipment Maintenance Management
Maintenance Manager (2014 - 2016)
Plumbing Supervisor (2013 - 2016)
Since 1986, Schwarz Excavations have actively supported and donated to the local community through the form of sponsoring junior sporting clubs/associations and generous donations to local community based organisations.
Schwarz Excavations took their community support to the next level and became a Corporate Partner of Cancer Council Queensland (Rockhampton Branch) in 2016.
This partnership will see Schwarz Excavations:
- Give Cancer Council Queensland access to their corporate box at Suncorp Stadium three times throughout the 2016 Broncos season, inviting local children receiving treatment in hospital and their families.
- Donate a vehicle in partnership with Ian Weigh Toyota, for Cancer Council Queensland’s Rockhampton Lodge (once the new radiation treatment centre opens. This vehicle will be driven by volunteers to take patients to and from treatment, to and from the airport/train station and on shopping trips and other outings etc. Schwarz Excavations will also cover all of the ongoing running costs for the vehicle (insurance, registration, tyres etc)
- Transform one of their excavators ‘gold’ during the month of September and donating $5 for every hour the excavator is in use that month
- Donating five signed and framed State of Origin jerseys for Cancer Council Queensland to use for fundraising purposes and
- Continuing to support Relay For Life in Rockhampton